Mon, 13 Dec|
Strategies for Restful Sleep - Children
How to help children sleep better
Time & Location
13 Dec 2021, 10:00 – 12:00
About the event
About the webinar
In this follow up session to ‘Sleep -The Fundamentals’, Nickie looks at how we can use our knowledge of how and why we sleep to devise successful strategies to help our children sleep better.
What is covered in this webinar?
- Helping children to settle easily
- What to do about night waking
- Getting your child to sleep in their own bed – not yours!
- Which commonly used devices help / hinder childrens’ sleep
- Simple strategies that will get your whole family sleeping better
- When to ask for medical help
Who should attend?
- Parents / carers of sleep deprived children
- Health Professionals wanting to know more about the how sleep deprivation affects children and how to help
- Teachers wanting to know more about how making reasonable adjustments in the classroom can positively impact on childrens’ sleep
- Social care workers wanting to help clients with more understanding
- Anybody who wants to know more!
N.B. It is recommended that you attend a ‘Sleep – The Fundamentals’ webinar beforehand to get the most out of this session.
£10.25 per webinar
Nickie Sutton has been a sleep practitioner for 5 years and developed the successful and effective sleep courses for Space4Autism which have been running for over 2 years. She delivers sleep courses nationwide for charities and parent groups.
Prior to this Nickie was a nurse for 34 years, most recently working as a Specialist Community Public Health School Nurse, and ADHD Nurse Specialist. She is currently one of small team of experienced sleep practitioners
working on the National Sleep Helpline, and will be speaking at a TEDx event in November.
She brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to her work, and is able to draw on her clinical background to ensure that her work is evidence based and safe.
She is passionate about improving sleep knowledge and improving the quality of life for adults and children currently suffering with sleep deprivation.
- Ticket type
Restful Sleep - ChildrenPrice£10.00
+£0.25 service fee+£0.25 service fee